Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolutions

I have resolved to be Great in 2008.

To accomplish this I have a list of resolutions:
1. Better "life" schedule.
2. Maintain healthy weight.
3. Pass CPA Exam by Thanksgiving 2008.

Now this may seem like fairly vague resolutions (with the exception of #3, I mean, how much clearer can you get?) but there is a great deal that goes behind each of these things. Take #1, it basically holds everything together. I desperately need a new "life" schedule, one that emphasises what I crave, long for, and desire. One that puts God first and all else falls behind...one that is not focused completely on distractions, but one full of positive influences and attainable goals. #2 is rather vague in that in 2007 I succeeded in maintaining my weight, although not quite the weight I was going for...or more correctly the body "tone" I was hoping for. Exercise has got to become a part of my routine...the "right" weight may have been a poor focus for 2007, neglecting to focus on how the weight was attained or not attained was definitely not a smart idea. This brings us back to #1, my schedule needs rearranged...whether that means planning out more productive grocery store trips so that I can eat healthier foods, or more time to walk around the neighborhood or walk while watching TV...morning Pilate's? The update to the "life" schedule will definitely be crucial to achieving #2. And then there's #3, this has probably been on my list of "To-Dos" since 2004 when I first became eligible to sit for the exam. Working through grad school, getting married, working 60-70 hours at Job 1, recovering from Job 1, successfully becoming a CFE....sometimes life gets in the way. The first steps have been taken to ensure the completion of #3...and to successfully achieve this certification, a great deal of sacrifice and adjustment to the "life" schedule is sure to be in order.

Basically, I need a new schedule. A new routine. One that does not neglect my family, my responsibilities, and most importantly my God.

Here's to being Great in 2008!

No comments: