Monday, May 5, 2008

Purpose

Okay, so this was some food for thought today from my daily devotional courtesy of Rick Warren and the Purpose Driven Life crew:

"… After David had served his generation according to the will of God, he died…." Acts 13:36 (NLT)

*** *** *** ***

Imagine having that statement inscribed on your tombstone: "She served God's purpose in her own generation!"

Wow. Now that's some perspective for you, huh? Every once in a while when I get bogged down by "life" it's good to remember I was brought here, in with this particular generation (no matter how frustrating it may seem at times) for a purpose. I was neither too soon, nor too late. I was brought to this Earth at the absolute perfect time in history.

How am I doing at living out my purpose?

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

~Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: