Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kids

Today is Bring Your Child To Work Day and I got to be a stop on the scavenger hunt that was one of the organized activities my office was doing for the day.  Two groups of kids (ages 6-14) came to my action center and had a series of questions for me:
 
What's your name?
What's your job title?
What exactly do you do for your job?
And one bonus question.
 
The first group was a bit younger (I have no idea how young, they were between 6 and 7 hands high...yes, being the former horsewoman I am I still measure things in "hands", what's it do you?)  The conversation went a little something like this:
 
"What's your name?"
 
"Rachael"
 
"What's your job title?"
 
"Auditor"
 
"What does that mean?"

"You know how you have rules at home that your Mom and Dad make?"

"Yeah, like 'don't jump on my bed'?"

"Yeah, kinda. Well the government makes rules about how the Company runs our business. My job is to make sure the Company is following all the rules."


"So like what kind of rules? I don't see any beds to jump on."

The little guy who asked the question was adorable and said, "I bet they pay for candy, it's less expensive than pencils."

I wanted to hug him.

(Bonus Question: What's your favorite color? Answer: Purple.)

No comments: