Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall

I love fall.  As I sit here sipping on my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season I'm excited about the decrease in humidity levels among other things (also pretty stoked about the new Starbucks promotion of "buy a latte get a cookie for a dollar, but that's not really the point*).  I love wearing jeans, particularly with my boots (still not quite time to bust out those bad boys) and the need for a sweater at night couldn't come fast enough for me.  I can't wait to smell more grills firing up in the evenings (or in our case smokers' crammed full of BBQ ribs), wood fires burning at night, and the return of soups, stews, and chili as acceptable dinner-fare.  Fall also mean the return of college football and regularly scheduled television programming which we all know that I love.  For me, nothing's better than a Saturday of football, with some tasty eats in hand, and no sweating on this side of my TV screen.
 
I'd say "Happy Fall", but technically I suppose that doesn't start until next Tuesday...whatever...today it starts for me with my latte =P
 
*My cookie of choice has M&Ms in festive fall colors.  Love it!

No comments: