Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lucky

It's a strange day...some might say "lucky".

I went to Starbucks this morning because I did not pack breakfast and just felt the thirst that can only be quenched by a Tall Skinny Mocha. After placing my order, I anxiously awaited the coffee/chocolate-y goodness. There is was, coming straight for me....a Grande? I felt a little bad, so I said, "I think this was supposed to be a Tall..." The friendly Barista looked at me with a smile, "Do you mind?" To which I responded, "Not if you don't mind." So I took my super-sized beverage (this is the second time this has happened to me in a month...two different Starbucks though...much appreciated both times) and went to the car. They were doing a BP give-away. It was easy. What was the song being played as they were waiting for the 9th caller? Reaching way back they selected Mary Chapin Carpenter's "I Feel Lucky"...just as all the lights going my direction turned green (no lie). I pulled into our parking lot right behind my boss, but ended up inside the building before him like a champ.

Strange, eh?

Now let's get Jason's Mraz's Lucky in my head instead of MCC...

No comments: