Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yes

Four years ago today I said, "Yes".

I said, "yes" to a man that continually makes me laugh. Laugh at myself, at him, at life, at strangers, at circumstances, at food, at the world...

Today I am reminded of the time in the recent past that this man admitted to drying himself off after a taking working hard all afternoon with a roll of paper towels, after discovering that his bath towel was still in the dryer. The same man that once threw his socks in the toilet instead of the hamper. This makes me love him all the more since I am confident that I am the woman that continually makes him laugh, at myself, at him, at life, at strangers, at circumstances, at food, at the world. My supernatural ability to fall down and up stairs at a moment's notice. The squeak-hiccup that happens pretty much on a daily basis. My evening tear. My ridiculous obsession with all things LOST. The way I dance and sing...constantly.

Six years ago today we went on our first date.

We ate chili on a hot DC summer night.

Meant to be?

I think so; who else but us would have thought it was a good idea?

No comments: