Monday, July 20, 2009

History

Why don't some people use the "Reply with History" feature in their work emails?  Is it that difficult?  Do they forget?  Do they flip back and forth between the email they are responding to and their response to make sure they cover everything?  Isn't that just electronic inefficiency?  This may not be such a big problem if people responded to email in a timely manner (e.g., less than 2 weeks from receipt of email), but when you randomly receive emails that say things like, "Sounds good." and that's it.  Sometimes I'm left in a daze until I figure out when I wrote the person and what I wrote them about.  Obviously I've had a spark of brilliance and they decided it "sounds good", but really, I have no idea what they are talking about since I have probably sent out another 50+ emails and requested hundreds of other documents by the time their "sounds good" reaches my Inbox.
 
**Sometimes I'm obnoxious and will find the original email and copy/paste it to my reply to them just to be a jerk.  I mean, just to keep things documented properly.

No comments: