Thursday, November 29, 2007

List

You know what I want more than anything this Christmas?

An outfit for work that:
1) Fits properly
2) Is slightly trendy
3) Has some color
4) Is machine washable
5) Looks freaking awesome on myself.

Perhaps this comes from my hatred for basically everything in my closet. Perhaps this hatred stems from the fact that 95% of my work clothes were purchased in the spring/fall of 2004. Perhaps this is because I'm still not used to being "business casual" and not wearing a suit every day. Perhaps this is because my work wardrobe is a pathetic mix of button-down shirts that are to be worn under suits, but look like tents when worn separately, and cardigan sets from the "business casual" job I had before the suit job which was in the summer of 2002...after I had gained 35 pounds during my freshman year of college (obviously those look ridiculous now that I lost 20-25 of those extra pounds in the last 5 years).

I think I need to try everything I own on, in front of some close friends; get some honest opinions about "appropriateness" of said clothes; purge the closet of all violators; step out in search of age and work appropriate clothing.

At least I have a rockin' shoe collection...

No comments: