Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kids

Things that freak me out about having a kid (in no particular order):

  • Not having perfected the sugar cookie before child's arrival (both drop and cut-out varieties).
  • Not knowing my medical history.
  • Anesthesia.
  • Giant needles.
  • Having to swallow a pill of any kind for any reason.
  • Husband passed out on the floor.
  • BFF-D having to do CPR on the floor of my delivery room to save Husband.
  • BFF-T & Co not making it to the hospital in time to hold my hand while Husband is passed out on the floor and BFF-D is otherwise occupied by saving Husband.
  • Mother talking in her shrill voice on the phone which can be heard through the walls.
  • Father, confused about whether or not there is a Marriott close by...or sleeping on the floor, where ever he may be at the time...
  • Poo.
  • Loud noises.
  • Passing out.
  • Blood loss.
  • Anything "squishy" that might be on my feet.
  • Not having feeling my feet...legs...butt...
  • Having feeling in my feet...legs...butt...
  • The inevitable "I told you so's" when it is all over.

No comments: