Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ugh

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/09/16/o.trying.to.conceive/index.html

Woman endures all for baby
By Cindy Chupack from "O, The Oprah Magazine," September 2008

Yet another reason to dislike Oprah programming perhaps? Ugh. I have a very difficult time feeling anything for this woman. I know this is not the appropriate response to this article, but I just can't help it. You and your husband kill your first baby because after only 3 months some abnormalities appear that tell the doctor that the baby "might" not make it to full-term (apparently "definitely not" was the better route?!) and then expect to be granted with the blessing of another child?

No, maybe I do feel something...I feel sorry for this woman and her husband, but not because they cannot conceive, but rather because they do not acknowledge the truth that is staring them right in the face. Of all the things they have tried, prayer or devotion to their religion is mentioned no where. I would have guessed that somewhere along the way that would have come up...how sad that no friends, family members, or co-workers have offered to pray with this family...

No comments: