Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks

I had a terrible time trying to decide my favorite Thanksgiving side dish today. Something was just off. It's not like me to have such a difficult time choosing what to have seconds of after my "first round" of "meal" is finished. So I went for a small helping of several things...yams, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, and gravy (shut it). It was marvelous, but not exactly what I was craving.

I decided it would be best to just stop, and move onto dessert where I sampled, for probably the first time, pumpkin pie that was not G-Man's pumpkin pie (for the past 5 years, I would only touch his amazing pumpkin pie, it was the first I ever tried...what can I say, I'm loyal to the CORE!) Since I was on the complete wrong side of the enormous table, and fairly stuck, I asked Husband do warm up my pie (this crucial dessert/bread trick has been adopted since our marriage and now I cannot eat room temperature, or heaven forbid COLD dessert/bread).

There it was....the green been casserole, in the microwave...forgotten.

No comments: