Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Burned

At approximately 8:30am this morning I burned my shoulder blade on the coffee maker. How in the world did I do that, you might ask. Well, I will tell you.

Our coffee maker here at work is fairly industrial, like you would find at a gas station where there is a little red handle on the side that dispenses hot water. Since the coffee here is disgusting, if I do not bring my own, or stop at Starbucks, the only thing left for me to do is to drink tea in the mornings. Not a problem. I love tea. Hot or iced, either way I am satisfied (most of the time) with tea as my morning beverage of choice. So I got my little cup and filled it with some hot water. There were only two tea packets left in the little tray o' goodies that sits out on our counter (things like sugar, Equal, tea, and stirring sticks/straws are in this tray o' goodies). I was about to take tea bag #2 and thought, "I should re-fill the tray" since that's something I normally do...usually because I feel like it needs organizing most of the time and I like to arrange the various packets so they are all facing the same direction (a little OCD perhaps, but very pleasing to the eye). Someone had left a half empty box of tea on the counter in the corner so I reached back to get it. Apparently that hot water nozzle remains BLAZING HOT and drips water...I know because I apparently leaned into it not only burning my shoulder blade, but also getting myself all wet in the process. Awesome. Now I'm the burned wet weird girl in the office. Stellar Rach, stellar. I hope it didn't leave a mark, but I haven't checked because even though the people I am attempting to win over as friends aren't here yet...I know they would walk into the bathroom as I was checking out my back for burn marks...I'd rather the fine people at Panera walk in on my later this evening when I check in their bathroom before my dinner date arrives.

Last night Husband told me that I looked like I needed a day off...(like an extra day, not just my routine 9-80 day that I use to run errands) and told me to get myself a 4-day weekend...now I'm thinking he may have been on to something...I'm not right in the head...or back.

After telling a friend (and my dinner date for this evening) my troubles her response was, "I hope that you learned your lesson. Being a good person will always get you burned. Ha. Ha. I am awesome."

Nice.

No comments: