Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Heels

Today heels saved the day. Well, not really. Although, they did prove to be very helpful for my mid-morning tea "run" (not really a "run" since it wasn't outside of my building, or even on a different floor from my action-center).

This morning, like every morning so far this week, started off rocky with me waking up a mere ten minutes from when I typically like to leave the house. Not good and a very discouraging way to start the day. I had also forgotten to lay out all the clothes/shoes/jewelry that I needed for the day last night (yes, it's like I'm still in grade school and I set out what I'm going to wear each day the night before…I can't help it that I like to wake up earlier than Husband and get out of the house and have a slightly less than horrific commute, at least in the mornings). I went ahead and grabbed my black flats (essentially a pair of glorified jelly-shoes (remember those?) so I could be comfortable during my walk up 4 flights of stairs to my action-center (I walk because, really, stair climbing at work is the only real exercise I get) since yesterday the red heels I was wearing made something in my legs hurt after all the stair climbing. Anyway, I keep a pair of black heels in one of my desk drawers, along with my space heater for those chilly office days, and usually wear those around since the black flats are kinda funky (I'm still saving my pennies for a new pair that I have been keeping tabs on at my local Macy's…someday they will be mine and I shall throw away the mock jellies). Anyway, I put on my heels right before going on my tea "run" which was the first time I went outside my action-center this morning. Good call. When I was getting my tea ready I noticed that we were out of stirrers. Travesty. I knew there were some up in the cabinets and started looking around. Yep, there they were…on the top shelf. I need a coffee stirrer to complete my tea making adventures. Without my heels I would not have been able to reach the box on the top shelf and would have either ended up looking like an idiot while climbing on the counters to reach the box, or had no way (until I found a spoon in my desk drawer I suppose) to stir my tea, add one packet of Splenda, and remove my tea bag.

Thank you black heels. Thank you for being a part of my tea "run" this morning. Without you I would be drinking hot water.

Sometimes I miss working in the city and being able to walk to get coffee or lunch or just to walk…

PS – While writing this blog I heard some guy barking on my floor. Definitely a "person bark" rather than an actual dog. That's strange.

No comments: