Friday, September 7, 2007

Trouble

So I'm in trouble. A new shopping center has popped up on my chosen route to work. This particular shopping center is trouble. Not only does it have a Starbucks (what shopping center in Northern Virginia doesn't?) it also has a Panera...right across the "street". I say "street" because really, its just a break in the parking lot. Nevertheless, the Starbucks and the Panera are less than 100 ft away from each other (okay so maybe I don't know how far away 100 ft is, but it's freaking close). This proves a problem...especially since the rest of the shopping center isn't open yet (except for the Pei Wei...yes, that's right this is basically the best shopping center for eating that was ever created...next to open...the Z-Pizza....jealous?) In the mornings, between 7:15 and 7:45 when I tend to frequent this fine shopping center there is NO ONE around. It's amazing...and very difficult not to stop by Panera and grab a bagel, then leisurely wander over to Starbucks for my morning beverage. Yesterday when I made my weekly (I'm going to try and only do this weekly...) visit to the Best Shopping Center Ever, the Starbucks, which I think employees the friendliest workers of any Starbucks ever, was offering samples of the Pumpkin Spice Latte...in teeny tiny espresso cups...complete with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It was irresistible....and who am I to judge. I happily sipped on my free sample while waiting for my Tall Sugar-Free Caramel Skim Latte. It was basically the best morning ever.

No comments: