Thursday, February 26, 2009

Winner

"...if it weren't for my kids, I'd hate my ex-wife..."
"...we ain't proud of, in a weak moment..."

That's all it took. I knew the first two of the three songs comprising the Thursday Trainwreck to win 2009 MegaTickets. The DJs had been kind enough to let us know the three artists that would be involved since they dubbed this week's contest "that hard". The artists were going to be George Straight, Brad Paisley, and Rascal Flatts (in a "trainwreck" they play songs at the same time and you have to guess what songs are playing...the clip is only about 30 seconds long). I was like, "Phsss, I don't know anything in the last few years of George Straight." (They usually chose rather "current" tunes to "trainwreck".)

I listened. I could pick out the lyrics for George and Brad...I started singing the songs in my head...got it. It was an older George Straight song and I was ecstatic, yet sad since I didn't hear Rascal Flatts at all and I figured the other two were so easy, people would get it in the first try. Nope.

The first round of callers...

Caller 1: Troubadour, I'm Still a Guy, and Here?
DJs: You have one correct.

Rach: I'm Still a Guy, check


Caller 2: Troubadour, Ticks, What Hurts The Most?
DJs: You also have one correct.

Rach: Seriously guys, Troubadour?! This sounds nothing like Troubadour...

...

...CRAP?!

...dialing...dialing...dialing..

I probably called about 6 times and then...it started ringing...it rang for what seemed hours. Then all the sudden, when I was about to hang up, the lady from the morning show came on the line and said, "Do you know the "trainwreck"?" I said, "I think so" and she asked me to give the songs. I did. She said, "Okay darlin', hang on a second." I started freaking. Next thing I knew I was on the air and they were bantering about how women's brains are better at multitasking and that they thought a woman was going to win (up to this point it had been all men callers apparently). It was go time. I said my 3 songs and there was screaming. Lots of screaming. The folks at the radio station went nuts...I think I was caller 5 or 6 maybe to take a guess (I had to turn my radio off). I about ran off the road (still driving at this point...probably unwise).

The winning songs:
"I Hate Everything" - George Straight
"I'm Still a Guy" - Brad Paisley
"What Hurts the Most" - Rascal Flatts

I won this: http://www.wmzq.com/pages/2009megaticket.html

I did it.

Again.

This is insane.

No comments: