Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mike

Dr. Mike.
Dr. Michaela Quinn.
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

Jane Seymour was named as one of the contestants on Dancing with the Stars this morning. I could not be more thrilled. I have been a fan since the early '90s. I can now say that I am thoroughly pumped for the season premiere (September 24th). After a long period of waiting and a summer full of crappy TV (with the exception of my personal summer favorites Top Chef and Last Comic Standing) I am ready for the regular season of TV to grace us with its presence.

I attempted to get my "dancing fix" through So You Think You Can Dance this summer (I began watching half-way through the season) but I must say, I am quite partial to Dancing with the Stars. I like the idea of taking your gift of dance and sharing it with another person through teaching them to dance. Watching amazing dancers is all fine a good, but I love the element of instruction that goes along with Dancing with the Stars. At times it even makes me feel like I could maybe dance, if I had enough practice and if Hubby would indulge in dancing...ever. Regardless, my mind is made up. Dancing with the Stars is my favorite of the dancing reality television shows.

Where does it fall in my ranking of favorite reality shows? Let's take a look:

1. Beauty and the Geek
2. Top Chef
3. Dancing with the Stars
4. Last Comic Standing (used to be higher in the rankings...but the hosts just keep going downhill for me)
5. Grease: You're the One that I Want (although that was a one-time show)

Not too shabby...

No comments: