Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baltimore

Yesterday we went to Baltimore. Two of our sights during our tour were unexpected surprises.

As we were driving around (I have no idea where) we passed the Charm City Cakes bakery and I got to see what I can only assume was Duff's motorcycle and I think the delivery van. It was great. Getting into the actual bakery is "By Appointment Only"...and cakes start out at $500 so we did not have an appointment and had to get our dessert fix elsewhere...and boy did we ever!

Next up was Hampden. Quirky, old, and home to Dangerously Delicious Pies. We selected a Baltimore Bomb which involved the infamous Baltimore Berger cookie. We were lucky enough to get one straight from the oven and the smell was insane. When we arrived back home we cut ourselves some slices, warmed them up and tasted the most decedent pie ever. This, once again, sparked my desire to someday have a pie shop (which at one point was a cookie shop idea...may eventually be pie and cookies because really...what more perfect desserts could you want at the end of a meal?)

So on a rainy and blah Saturday I checked-off two venues off my Food Network "Someday I want to go there..." List.



Note to Self: Buying an entire pie for two people who are not beach ready, but will be leaving for the Caribbean in two weeks is not wise.

No comments: