Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Books

Since only one of my 2009 New Years' Resolutions really happened this year with any progress, I figured I would give a full report on the outcome of that particular resolution.
 
Resolution:  Finish reading one book per month. 
 
Did I really read twelve books this year?  Well, here is the chronological list of my completed readings for the year (along with my letter grade for each...since in my family we tend to grade and/or vote on everything):
  1. Bitter is the New Black -- A
  2. Mere Christianity -- A+
  3. Love & Respect -- A-
  4. The Kite Runner -- A
  5. Disciples of a Godly Woman -- B
  6. The Book Thief -- A+
  7. Twilight -- A+
  8. New Moon -- B+
  9. Defending Your Faith -- A
  10. The Shack -- C
  11. Eclipse* -- A
(I feel like I'm missing something, but am totally blanking...)
 
I am still currently reading: What to Expect When You are Expecting and BabyWise in anticipation of Baby Bing's arrival in February and there is a high probability that BabyWise will round out the list as #12.  I also read a portion of a church history text book with our small group, but that book is enormous and I'm not 100% sure it is humanly possible to finish.
 
As for my other resolutions...
 
My scrapbooking is still a disaster (although I finally ordered copies of wedding snapshots and have all the photos on-hand for when inspiration/motivation strikes).  My goal weight situation went out the window in June when I discovered that I was hosting a human parasite.  I'm still working on that Snickerdoodle (getting closer...may make one last attempt for 2009 next week), and while I started off well with scripture memory it didn't end so well.  I do know "more", but didn't get the whole way through the year with Beth and the Living Proof gang. Lastly, well, there's just no stopping me.  If your kitchen is messy and I am left unattended, I will clean it.  Maybe that's not such a bad thing...
 
We'll give me a week or so and I'll start thinking of my 2010 resolutions...although one of them will definitely be to lose a ridiculous amount of weight since I'm pretty sure Baby Bing will not weight near as much as I have gained...
 
 
*Yes, I realize three of the books on the list are Twilight saga books.  I counted them all =P

No comments: