Monday, December 28, 2009

Decade

So, I'm a moron and just realized that all this "end of the decade" hoopla was because a real "decade" was ending. In my head, a decade was just "ten years" so if I didn't jump on the decade bandwagon this year, I'd just reflect on the past ten years next year. Again, I'm a moron.

What are they calling this decade anyway, the "Double-Os?" 80s, 90s, ???

Anyway, since it's not too late, here are some of my highlights from the past ten years:

2000
This was the pinnacle of my high school education/fun. This was the year Y2K did not crash the universe. This was also the year Party of Five ended.

2001
Graduating high school, heading to Virginia Tech...Independence was the lesson of the year. It was time and it was worth it. Scrubs became my TV obsession.

2002
Hubby (before we were even an item) earned "friendship for life" after watching Newsies with me to celebrate my birthday....mid-July we decided that five years of friendship was sufficient and tried "dating". The move to WVU happened and dorm-life ended.

2003
More WVU, friendships with my gals springing up all over, a mellow but good year I think.

2004
More WVU, my first big step toward moving to the city by way of my summer internship in downtown DC, and the most crazy proposal ever (I said, "yes") pretty much sum up this year. Oh yeah, and LOST happened...

2005
My time at WVU ends (with an amazing year of concerts!) and only a few days later The Wedding, the Big Move, and the Honeymoon. Started my first real job and quickly discovered I was in over my head.

2006
There was a lot of traveling this year, namely for work (both of our jobs actually). Alias ends while Hubby is on travel in Australia (I did not wait for him to watch it, but rather just watched it twice!) Hurricane Cruise to Bermuda happened (and we vowed never to get an inside cabin again!) Kitty makes her way into our family and Tucker (the other one) makes his brief appearance.

2007
Kicked off the new year with a new job and a few months later we purchased our first place. Spent most of the year pretty mellow enjoying our new home...and studying to get my CFE license. I also perfected the chocolate chip cookie this year.

2008
The year of BBQ -- we made two trips to Tennessee during the year and for Christmas were gifted with our own smoker for the backyard. I finally got my CPA license after an intense year of studying.

2009
The year of vacations with two cruises and a trip to the beach (with a mini-North Carolina BBQ tour thrown in there as well) made the year our last big vacation year...especially after we found out during the summer that we were expecting our first child (Baby Girl Bing expected to arrive in February 2010!)

Looking ahead, the next decade is going to be much different than this past one. We've got lots of learn up ahead, but it should be an interesting and wild ride!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

This decade has been the aughts. It sounds so fancy and old-timey. 80s, 90s, Aughts!