Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Celebrate

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About How We Celebrate Christmas (but didn't care enough to ask)
 
 
As you can see...I have found several Christmas surveys in the recent weeks...taking me back to high school survey-maddess type, that's for sure!
 
Enjoy!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Me - Hot Chocolate (with peppermint schnapps if possible, though not this year); Hubby - Egg Nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa does not make an appearance at our house.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights both inside and out.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving...or whenever BFF-D is in town to help Hubby carry the tree up from the basement and move furniture around.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? COOKIES!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The outdoor Christmas lights. NOT! There, all my neuroses explained.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 3rd or 4th grade...at the Kennedy Center...while eating my lunch before seeing The Nutcracker ballet...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Hubby is very particular, only red balls go on the tree.  That's it (thankfully our actual tree comes complete with white lights, red berries, twigs, and pine cones on it).

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE SNOW!!  Can't wait til I can ski again...Wii Skiing only for me this season.

12. Can you ice skate? Sure, can I ice skate well?  No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have no idea, but it probably revolved around my American Girl dolls and/or massive doll house my father built for me (this thing was a beast, it was over 4 feet tall...up until middle school I could crawl through the front door...)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Kicking off a season of celebrating the life of Christ in anticipation of celebrating Easter...I like thinking of Christmas-time as a beginning even though it happens at the end of the year...

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies...all of them...unless they have fruit or nuts in them.  I like my cookies with just a variety of forms of sugar and goodness thank you.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking cookies with Hubby closely followed by leftover ham on a leftover biscuit with my cousins post-Christmas-dinner.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing.  In 4 years we have been unable to successfully find a tree topper that did not end up on the floor.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?  God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  YUM!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Show?  like TV program or movie or what?  I'm always partial to The Grinch and of course Hubby's traditional viewing of Opus And A Wish For Wings That Work...movie-wise, I always try to watch White Christmas and The Muppets' Christmas Carol.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Saddest?  That's interesting...Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is a tear jerker, but only really because of my love for Meet Me In St. Louis and knowing the story behind the song and the original set of lyrics... 

No comments: