Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas

GETTING TO KNOW YOU: CHRISTMAS VERSION

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am absolutely terrible at wrapping gifts, Husband is not.  If Husband will not wrap the gifts, they go in bags.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial for several reasons.  Most legitimate reason, Husband's allergies.  Least legitimate reason; I hate getting sap on me. 

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? After Christmas, before New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog?  Eggs are one of a few foods I genuinely dispise.  Eggnog contains eggs and is a consistency I cannot take....Hubby drinks the eggnog in this house.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably one of my American Girl dolls, Felicity.


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's a hand-me-down.


8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents.


9. Easiest person to buy for? My grandparents.


10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm not sure if I've ever gotten anything too terrible... 


11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Muppets Christmas Carol...anything classic Disney gang...

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?  Usually not until I get a few good ideas.


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I don't think so.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham biscuits (leftover ham, leftover biscuits, Miracle Whip....mmmm....) 


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights.
 

17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We don't have to travel far, but I'm definitely looking forward to the day when Christmas is at our home!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.


20. Angel on the tree top or a star?  We have nothing...we've tried several different things and they all end up falling off and freaking out Kitty.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was a kid it was one on Christmas Even and the rest on Christmas morning.  Now presents are few and far between so they happen whenever the gift giver is present.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The people who want Christmas to be politically correct.  I don't ask to come to your religions festivals, but then make you change what you call them because they don't apply to me, don't complain that choose to greet you with Merry Christmas. 


23. What I most love about Christmas? The great reminder of what it's all about and the start of the journey towards celebrating Easter.

No comments: