Monday, March 19, 2007

Hair

As seen above I am quite happy with my new hair color. Brown.

Now I have had some form of brown hair all my life, and up until quite recently was happy and content with the natural color of brown that grew from my head. Then, "it" happened. They unexpected, unexplainable, odd coloring of my hair, from ends to roots (as opposed to the normal roots to ends). My only guess is that the crazy amount of perming that produces the full head of curls has started to "bleach" my naturally brown hair. See the difference?

With the help of my two best friends I was able to remedy this strange problem. After much debate with Hubby, he was overruled and the quest for the perfect hair color began. This Saturday was the climax of the search. During a quasi impromptu girls weekend involving the essentials (shopping, Starbucks, margaritas, martinis, and a trip to The Melting Pot) one more event was added to our list, "Dying Rachael's Hair". In under an hour we chose a color, purchased the kit, washed, dyed, washed, and styled the previously offensive hair and were ready for our night out on the....fondue.

It's amazing to have hair that is one consistent color and that matches my eyebrows. Now I just have to figure out how to keep it this way...

No comments: