Thursday, March 22, 2007

Leftovers

I love conference leftovers days! The variety of food my company chooses to order for lunchtime conferences is quite vast. Sometimes it's pizza, sometimes sandwiches, sometimes salads, sometimes pasta, sometimes Mexican food (yes, that's right, Mexican food!) Granted, I have never actually "attended" one of these well-fed meetings, but around 2:00pm I certainly benefit from the leftovers. Today was amazing. Everything I mentioned before (save pizza) was on the table next to the "Please Help Yourself!" sign signaling to all of my fellow food scavengers out there that it was acceptable for us to pick through the leftovers. I chose a "scoop" of vegetarian lasagna and half a turkey, pesto, and cheese sandwich on focaccia bread. There were no cookies. The only thing that could have made today's spread better would have been cookies. Thankfully, yesterday there were mystery cookies in the kitchen. I indulged myself with a cookie yesterday (after heating for 15 seconds in the microwave) and it was the highlight of my day.

Thank you corporate America for your love of staff meetings and your ability to use those meetings as a time to feed your employees. I salute you and all the administrative assistants who place the orders with the various caterers that bring those delicious goodies to my place of work. Thanks to each and every one of you!

No comments: