Tuesday, March 20, 2007

House

Buying a house really is as complicated as everyone says it is...imagine that! All the back and forth between the seller's realtor and the buyer's realtor, between the buyer's realtor and the buyers, between the home inspector and the home appraiser, the lenders and the financial advisor, between the husband and wife who can't agree on what constitutes a "necessary" appliance replacement. Not to mention the mother who is chomping at the bit to decorate the nonexistent home. All this running around could cause some people to stress out, some naturally worrisome individuals, high-strung and anxious. Individuals like myself. However, I have found a certain clam, a peace if you will, with this entire process. Perhaps because Hubby is more "in the loop" than I, which suits me just fine.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as can be, what with a two-three month wait until we actually move into the aforementioned abode. Although I am not looking forward to painting virtually the entire house, I am looking forward to my two favorite rooms being fairly usable without much fixing.

Room #1 - Laundry Room
That's right, you heard it here first, one of my favorite rooms requiring little to no transformation in the new house is the laundry room. This laundry room is pretty darn sweet. It has one of those huge utility sinks, standard-issue washer and dryer, but the best part is the cabinets and lots of room to hang clothes and even perhaps put a table for folding clothes as well. Not to mention all the "amenities" the room has new flooring (even though its linoleum - which I detest more than dirt itself) and even has the most adorable wallpaper border running around the ceiling of a country-clothes-hanging-on-the-line-drying scene ever! It's too cute. No one really "decorates" their laundry room, but this is adorable. I said that already.

Room #2 - Master Bathroom
It is so elegant and serene. The walls are painting a slightly darker than mint green color with white trim and white cabinets. It's so clean and bright with a deep soaking tub with separate shower. The tub even has this ledge behind it which the current owners (and probably us too...) have one of those multi-level candle holder things (which we already own and currently have no place to display). The curtains are adorable (I really need a new word) and I think the bathroom stuff we currently own will work really well in room. We'll just need some bigger bath mats/rugs since our bathroom right now is smaller than my cubical at work. I love carpets/rugs in bathrooms and even though it's gross and tacky I would love a carpeted bathroom someday...so warm...so not linoleum...

I will gush more about the house in the days and weeks to come...up until that day when we can really go into the house and start making it our own...

No comments: