Thursday, March 13, 2008

Coffee

I'm a dork.

This afternoon I determined that my body was not pleased with coffee. I was avoiding eating my lunch due the fact that I could feel my heart pounding in my throat and my stomach doing what I can only describe as "it's own game of Twister". I eventually ate my lunch and then emailed Husband to tell him my "I think I'm sick" complaint of the week (Hi, my name is Rachael and I'm a hypochondriac in training...now that that's out of the way...) After hitting "send" it dawned on me. It wasn't the caffeine that I was taking issue too, not entirely at least, it was the acidity.

My first stomach ulcer screening/testing occurred at age 9, yes, that's right, during 4th grade. I have had issues with my stomach for as long as I can remember. My weight fluctuates like crazy and it's all quite bizarre. I am in the middle of preparing for and taking the CPA exam(more like exams, but whatever). A potential for stress? I'd say so. The combination of the added "stress" on my stomach, plus all the acidity has turned my stomach into a crazy land of extra acid. Not cool. Drinking coffee on an empty stomach is probably not helping either...

That's it! Until my exams are over, there will be no more coffee. No home-brew, no lattes, no Starbucks Tall Skinny Mochas.

Husband will be thrilled that my Starbucks runs have come to a stand-still for sure! I'll get getting a happy tummy AND a happy Hubby all in one shot!

No comments: