Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Controversy

Controversial issues are not controversial because there is no right answer. Controversial issues are controversial because there can only be one right answer. People will always fight for their beliefs, but in the end (and I do mean The End) there will be only one Truth. The idea of relativism and tolerance is so widely taught in our world today, that I believe people have forgotten what those words mean. Th essence of tolerance is love, not acceptance or efforts to condone. Relativism, the idea that there is more than one possible truth and what is true for you is true for you but what is true for me is true for me regardless of whether those two truths are the same, is in a word, ridiculous.

Just because you believe an apple is a pear and I believe an apple is an apple does not make the apple both an apple and a pear does it?

No comments: