Friday, October 5, 2007

Football

Football, oh football,
Oh, how I love football!
The breeze in the air,
The fighting so fair.
Hot dogs and peanuts,
I surely won't go nuts.

Football, oh football,
So perfect for the fall.
College ball is best,
NFL I leave to the rest.
Thursday through Saturday,
Could there be another day?

Football, oh football,
You are my favorite sport of all.


Yes, that's right, I wrote a poem. About football. What can I say? Free tickets to any football game make me light up, especially when I get the chance to see a guy from the 1947 team which took the Terps to their first bowl game ever walk onto the field and be cheered on by thousands of people. Knowing that guy is my grandfather, makes me smile inside and out. I love football, but not as much as I love my family.

No comments: